VODA.ai is a company that uses artificial intelligence to virtually assess the condition and risk of each pipe segment in a water system.
VODA.ai is for water Operations, Engineering/Planning, and Management teams.
- Reduce your large breaks by over 50%
- Improve crew safety by avoiding emergency leaks
- Prioritize your worst 1-3% of pipes for maintenance and sensor placements
- Reduce unnecessary customer interruptions
- Identify pipes of interest within each of your DMAs
- Minimize premature replacements by 25%
- Utilize live data to accurately adjust engineering plans
- Save millions in unnecessary pipe rehabilitations & replacements
- Reduce non-revenue water
- Utilize risk reports to support your operations and planning budgets + justify investment in specific zones
- Justify your rate case to regulators
VODA.ai works in three steps:
- Data is retrieved from the utility’s GIS, public sources, and is combined with proprietary data.
- Utility data is cleaned and normalized.
- VODa.ai’s daVinci gets to work. Using multiple algorithms, daVinci is able to quickly conduct billions of calculations, learn from the patterns that led to previous breaks and use those learnings to assign a Likelihood of Failure score on each pipe segment.
When the Consequence of Failure (CoF) is added, a risk score is quickly calculated and provided on the User Interface or on the integrated system, like ESRI.
Managers and engineers want to create effective operating and capital planning programs to lower their non-revenue water, improve customer satisfaction, and keep their workers safe – while staying within their budget.
Yet 20% – 70% of water is lost due to pipe failures, customer service is disrupted with each break, emergency crews are often called in during night hours, and pipes that are replaced often have over 5 years of remaining life left – incurring costs that could have been used elsewhere.
VODA.ai will help you identify more than 50% of pipes that will break before they actually do and place them at the top of your priority list. This helps create short term operating programs and long term capital plans.
daVinci is VODA.ai’s super engine that quickly conducts billions of calculations, learning from past breaks and assessing the risk of each pipe segment.
daVinci has proven to be 3x more accurate than the historical breaks model.
VODA.ai uses utility data, public data, and proprietary interaction variables. With network effects – the more data VODa.ai’s daVinci ingests, the smarter daVinci becomes and the better the results are for utilities.
VODA.ai stands out in two areas:
- Customer service: VODA.ai’s CEO believes the customer is always right. Period. That’s why he is usually the first to meet a customer and all customers have his mobile number.
- Short term predictions: VODA.ai is the pioneer in short term virtual condition assessments and the best at it.
VODA.ai is currently serving only potable water customers so all its resources are dedicated to that.
Kick off meeting always takes place in person. You’ll be assigned a project manager and will always have access to the CEO, George.
After receiving your data, we’ll process it, ask you questions to ensure that the data is clean, and complete the analysis.
We’ll present the results to your team and go live with the system. Once a quarter, we’ll refresh your data so you have the latest assessment of your system.
Many utilities don’t have clean data and we’ve adapted to it. Our data scientists and engineers have created methods to handle data that needs extra love. As long as you have at least 2 years worth of breaks and are willing to work with us to clean your data, VODA.ai’s daVinci will make it work and you’ll be happy.
You always own your data and we’ll never share your data. VODA.ai’s daVinci learns from all the data it ingests but never actually uses your unique data set for anything other than to assess your system. You can choose to opt-out of helping daVinci learn from your data.
We take security seriously and are happy to share our security policy prior to a commercial agreement.
When you give us your data, you can withhold your last year’s breaks. We’ll predict these breaks as if they didn’t happen yet and show you the results. You’ll see that our prioritization method is more accurate than anything else out there.
Pricing depends on the market, utility size, and length of the contract. We work directly with each utility to ensure we are developing a customized price that is both competitive and matched to the specific needs of the customer.
You are open to partner with VODA.ai as frequently or infrequently as you like. The benefit of having an ongoing subscription is the frequent updates we initiate in our software based on continuous data learnings.
Artificial intelligence, or AI, is the ability of a digital computer or computer-controlled robot to perform tasks commonly associated with intelligent beings.
Artificial intelligence finds patterns and provides insights faster and more accurately than humans to help make informed decisions. AI helps computers use human reasoning as a model for learning and adapting to better meet our customer’s needs.
Machine learning, or ML, is an application of artificial intelligence (AI) that provides systems the ability to automatically learn and improve from experience without being explicitly programmed.
Here are some of the benefits water utilities realize when partnering with VODA.ai:
- Reducing leaks/breaks (catastrophic and non)
- Reducing NRW
- Improving plans for DMAs
- Improving plans for pipe replacements
- Improving plans for placing leak detection sensors
- Improving plans for placing pressure sensors
- Improving plans for maintaining valves
- Improving customer service. How? By lowering the number of outages.
- Saving money. Lots of it.
- Improving the safety of personnel. How? Emergency breaks will be reduced.
- Lowering the number of lawsuits that result from large or catastrophic breaks
- Improving their brand. How? By minimizing negative media coverage.
VODA.ai’s software assesses the condition of every pipe segment with daVinci, our AI and ML super engine. VODA.ai uses a three-step process:
- Combines utility data on pipes (e.g.: installation year, material, size, location, and break history) with public data (weather, soil, land use, satellite imagery, and infrared scans, etc.), and with proprietary interaction variables.
- Utility data is cleaned and normalized. Using proprietary automation, data quality and completeness is assessed and enhanced. This data audit enhances many digital applications used by GIS and engineers at utilities, an added benefit derived from daVinci.
- daVinci uses over 100 algorithms to find patterns and insights from previous breaks and assigns a Likelihood of Failure score for each pipe segment. Model accuracy improves with additional data and time.
Machine learning (ML), is a subset practice of artificial intelligence (AI). AI is the overall concept of computers operating in an intelligent manner – meaning they do not just follow pre-programmed explicit instructions. ML is how these computers can actually learn, based on the unique environments and data they are analyzing, to continuously make solutions better.
No. We believe that artificial intelligence will be a useful virtual assistant to engineers, operators, and management for all water utilities around the world to enable personnel to work smarter and faster.
We love helping water utilities and VODA.ai’s daVinci becomes smarter every day. Today, we are helping engineers and operators become more efficient and create more effective plans. Tomorrow, we may also help teams that work elsewhere.